[mythtv-users] No sound on live TV

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Jul 18 09:08:52 UTC 2013

On 18/07/13 05:31, Mike Carron wrote:
> [...]
That's not the point. If you run a frontend on the machine which has your
backend, you can *guarantee* that the software is compatible. Running a frontend
on another machine may mean apparently trivial differences which can throw your
testing out.

I notice in your original post that you said the backend was 0.26 and the
frontend was 0.25. This is *not* likely to work properly. The protocol mythtv
uses changes between releases; only within releases (eg 0.26.1, 0.26-fixes etc)
is it guaranteed to work.

Your frontend software is too old. You *must* match the release of the backend
you wish to run it against, one way or the other.

Finally, please reply at the bottom of previous posts. That way, somebody in the
future can figure out what the conversation was about. The list operators prefer
that this list operates in this fashion.

--

Mike Perkins