[mythtv-users] The taskbar in the middle of the screen

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jul 18 02:11:57 UTC 2013

On 07/17/2013 01:38 PM, Don Brett wrote:
> I'm using MythBuntu V-12.04 (which is v-0.25.2-15).  When I exit
> mythtv and go to the desktop, the taskbar is in the middle of the
> screen (was originally at the top).  A screen capture is here:
>
> http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=244377&d=1372900490
>
> How do I put it back to the top?

I don't have permission to see the forum image, but it sounds like
you've configured MythTV to change display resolution to match your
videos during playback (rather than scaling the videos to match your
screen's display) and your window manager/desktop environment/whatever
has the task bar doesn't properly respond to those changes.  Try setting
MythTV to not change screen resolution and set the X screen resolution
to be the same as the display resolution (and restart X to ensure the
task bar is in the correct place), then see if it happens.

Note that this is just a guess, but I can tell you that MythTV
doesn't/can't move your task bar, so it seems the most likely cause.

Mike