[mythtv-users] Upgrade plan

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 20:00:19 UTC 2013

On 07/17/2013 01:38 PM, Jay Ashworth wrote:

Yes, 0.26 is current. There has been some discussion on the
dev channel that says 0.27pre is now in Feature Freeze.

> 3) Copy mythconverg database from old drive to new one

What Mark said.

> What do I need to do at step 4?  Run the upgrade scripts manually?

Sort of, see next...

> Run mythtv-setup and it will do it for me?  Or will the .26 backend
> automagically find that the DB is out of schema and run the upgrade
> scripts for me?

Yes, mythtv-setup will apply all DB upgrades for 0.24 - 0.26. And,
the 0.26 one makes the UTC changes (e.g. it may take a long time
to run.)

I'd suggest that reading the 0.26 release notes like Gary said
plus the notes for the other releases skipped (release notes are
not cumulative.)

You might review this for tips: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Backend_migration
There's a link to the DB restore procedure in the above.

--
Bill