[mythtv-users] High mythbackend CPU usage during DVB-T recording (Australia)

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Sun Jul 14 22:28:53 UTC 2013

Den 14/07/2013 12.57 skrev "Christian Hack" <christian at hack.id.au>:

> Hi everyone
>

> Having some issues with my latest incarnation of MythTV.
>

> It’s mythbuntu based from 12.04 and updated to the latest everything.
Mythbackend reports as “mythbackend version: fixes/0.25
[v0.25.3-48-g3a1eff8] www.mythtv.org”

You should really start up the Mythbuntu control center on your system and
switch to the currently supported fixes/0.26 branch instead. The CPU
utilization numbers you're seeing are much higher than anything I've seen
recently on any DVB-T based system, so it's not unlikely that you're
hitting some bug which is already fixed in fixes/0.26.

Also, do you use get your EPG from EIT? If not, you should be able to save
some CPU cycles by disabling EIT.

FYI, the upcoming MythTV 0.27 contains multiple optimizations which should
lower the CPU utilization when recording (see for example ticket #12250,
#11252 or #11255), but these are "minor" improvements and likely not a fix
for the issue you are seeing.

Best regards
Kenni