[mythtv-users] No MythTV backend after update of Linux Mint Debian Edition

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Sat Jul 13 19:27:31 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Enno Middelberg <enno.middelberg at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 2013/7/13 Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com>:
> >

> > That was not a typo. I'd assume that the user that runs the backend is
> the
> > 'mythtv' user.  Please check the settings for the mythtv user, which is
> at
> > /home/mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml
>
> Here, mythtv's home dir is /var/lib/mythtv, and the credentials in
>
> /var/lib/mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml
> /home/enno/.mythtv/config.xml
> /etc/mythtv/config.xml
>
> are all mythtv/mythtv
>

> > If those credentials are the same. Are you able to login to mysql at the
> > command line using those credentials with something like
> >
> > mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg
>
> No, that doesn't work:
>
> mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg
> Enter password:
> ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'mythtv'@'localhost' (using
> password: YES)
>

> Enno

If that doesn't work, then your credentials aren't mythtv:mythtv

If you were using Mythbuntu packages, I'd tell you to do the following. I'm
unsure how the procedure would change on Debian.

If you are having problems connecting to your mysql database, perform the
following to reconfigure it: [1] sudo dpkg-reconfigure mysql-server-5.5
(pay attention to the root password you set, you will need it later)  [2]
sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-database [3] sudo dpkg-reconfigure
mythtv-common

Thanks,

Thomas Mashos