[mythtv-users] syslog

Andréas Kühne andreas at kuhne.se
Sat Jul 13 10:59:54 UTC 2013

2013/7/13 Andrew Stadt <acstadt at stadt.ca>

> On 08/07/2013 8:46 AM, Andréas Kühne wrote:
>
>> 2013/7/8 Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com <mailto:
>> mtdean at thirdcontact.**com <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>>>
>>

>>     On 07/04/2013 03:53 PM, Andréas Kühne wrote:
>>
>>         I have a problem with my mythtv server crashing every now and
>>         then. As a troubleshooting help, I got the tip to setup remote
>>         logging. I have now setup my remote logging server. However
>>         the logging from mythlogserver doesn't get forwarded to the
>>         server?
>>
>>         I have removed all of the configuration for all of the
>>         separate logfiles, so everything is only logged in the syslog
>>         on the server. I have tried to add ALL logging to the remote
>>         server, but only log message from mythlogserver itself gets
>>         forwarded. Has anyone had a similar problem?
>>

>>     Post the syslog configuration file you're using and we can tell
>>     you what you need to change.
>>
>>     Mike
>>

>> This is the log on the mythtv server. I have added separate lines for
>> local* because I got more logging on the remote server that way. Other than
>> this file I also have the same configuration on the server as the one on
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/**Simple_rsyslog_Configuration<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Simple_rsyslog_Configuration>.
>> The logs in /var/log/mythtv/ get written to with that configuration.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Andréas
>>
>> #  /etc/rsyslog.confConfiguration file for rsyslog.
>> #
>> #For more information see
>> #/usr/share/doc/rsyslog-doc/**html/rsyslog_conf.html
>> #
>> #  Default logging rules can be found in /etc/rsyslog.d/50-default.conf
>>
>> local0.* @10.0.27.44 <http://10.0.27.44>
>> local1.* @10.0.27.44 <http://10.0.27.44>
>> local2.* @10.0.27.44 <http://10.0.27.44>
>> local3.* @10.0.27.44 <http://10.0.27.44>
>> local4.* @10.0.27.44 <http://10.0.27.44>
>> local5.* @10.0.27.44 <http://10.0.27.44>
>> local6.* @10.0.27.44 <http://10.0.27.44>
>> local7.* @10.0.27.44 <http://10.0.27.44>
>>
>> *.* @10.0.27.44 <http://10.0.27.44>
>>
>> #################
>> #### MODULES ####
>> #################
>>
>> $ModLoad imuxsock # provides support for local system logging
>> $ModLoad imklog   # provides kernel logging support (previously done by
>> rklogd)
>> #$ModLoad immark  # provides --MARK-- message capability
>>
>> # provides UDP syslog reception
>> #$ModLoad imudp
>> #$UDPServerRun 514
>>
>> # provides TCP syslog reception
>> #$ModLoad imtcp
>> #$InputTCPServerRun 514
>>

>> ###########################
>> #### GLOBAL DIRECTIVES ####
>> ###########################
>>
>> #
>> # Use traditional timestamp format.
>> # To enable high precision timestamps, comment out the following line.
>> #
> [...]

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for taking time to answer. I have not got it working yet. I get all
syslog messages EXCEPT for the ones from mythlogserver that I want. I can't
really understand why?

I have now tried the configuration you suggested and don't really know if
it is working or not. I'll keep it running and see if it works.

Regards,

Andréas