[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.26: Failed to find any new channels!

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Mon Jul 8 18:29:17 UTC 2013

On 2013-07-08, at 11:56 AM, Singapore Citizen Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) wrote:

> I am using Hauppage WinTV PVR USB2 as my TV tuner.
>
> I have configured everything correctly in mythtv-setup.real but it can't seem to find any channels. mythtv-setup.real reports in Scan for channels: Failed to find any new channels! I am in Singapore.
>
> Is there a bug with channel scanning? Is channel scanning broken in mythtv 0.26 in Ubuntu 13.04 amd64? I don't have this problem at all when I was using mythtv in Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit. Don't tell me I have to roll back to using Ubuntu 11.10?

I might need a little education here but what are you scanning for? The USB2 is an analog device and, to my knowledge, analog tuners need no scanning.

So, the first question is how do you intend to receive TV programmes? The expected answer is one of  analog cable, digital cable, analog antenna, or digital antenna.

- George