[mythtv-users] From cable to fiber (TDS / Mediaroom)

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Mon Jul 8 17:23:06 UTC 2013

I currently have Charter cable, using an HDHR (QAM) and HDHR Prime w/
CableCard; unfortunately between internet and basic cable I am paying over
$150/mo.

TDS is currently laying fiber in my neighborhood and from what I
understand, I could get "faster" internet and comparable TV lineup for
under $100 with their FTTH service.

My greatest concern, of course, is how I am going to integrate their
service with my MythTV setup.  I can't seem to find anyone having success
getting a digital signal from any of the Mediaroom based IPTV providers...
so I don't have much hope.

One thing I have seen is that they make an app for the XBox that is
supposed to allow it to be used in lieu of an STB... which tells me that a
software solution could be made?

I don't know what brand of STB they will be providing, but I doubt it will
have a firewire port.

So I guess  my question is, has there been any developments that I simply
haven't found a record of that would allow my backend to record directly
via IP, or some sort of dedicated compatible tuner for Mediaroom?