[mythtv-users] Original Air Date missing in Schedules Direct

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 7 14:39:29 UTC 2013

I use original air date in some of my custom recording rules, so as not
to record episodes that aired before a certain date, for example:

program.title = 'Being Human'
and program.originalairdate > '2011-07-01'

This has worked perfectly up to now. Starting a few days ago I am
noticing random episodes do not have the original air date. In the
upcoming new season of "Being Human" on BBC America, the first episode
has no original air date whereas the second episode has it filled in
(2013-02-10). I have sent a complaint in to Schedules direct about this.
In the meantime I have changed the selection to the following (which is
not the best solution):

program.title = 'Being Human'
and (program.originalairdate > '2011-07-01'
or program.originalairdate is null )

Another way this lack of original air date shows is that when using
mythlinks the original air date is shown as 000000.

This may also affect the "New episode only" recording option, although
that is not an option I use.

Is anybody aware of this new problem and why this is happening?

Peter