[mythtv-users] Back-to-Back recording with endoffset set

Angela angela.schmid at wolke7.net
Fri Jul 5 18:34:17 UTC 2013

> >>I have "Time to record past end of show" set to 10 minutes, back-to-back
>>> recordings work.
>>> For some schedules I need to set an endoffset of about 20 minutes.
>>> Back-to-Back is not working anymore, resulting in many conflicts. Is
there an
>>> option in MythTV, where the endoffset is also handled as a soft endtime
?

Pick my question once again up in my own thread.

> > Check that "Time to record past end of show" is 0, to allow
> > consecutive shows to be recorded.
>
> This should be unnecessary, as 'multirec' should take care of allowing
> overlapping padding on back-to-back recordings.

Multirec does not work for me, I have it disabled. I have three tuners.
This is what happens:

P1_CH1, 0700-0800+hard10 -> T1 (what I would like is that it only records
till 0800)
P2_CH1, 0800-0900 -> T3 (what I would like is that it will be using T1)
P3_CH2, 0730-0830 -> T2
P4_CH3, 0745-0845 -> Collision

Is back-to-back only possible with multirec, or is there an option to make
the "hard" record past end of show to behave as a "soft" endtime ?

Angela