[mythtv-users] Can't record consecutive shows on the same channel

Angela angela.schmid at wolke7.net
Fri Jul 5 14:02:22 UTC 2013

> Suppose there is a multi-part documentary aired on one channel, one part
> after the other. When I select to record all parts, only the first will be
> recorded, the remaining ones won't.
>
> Note I'm not starting early and finishing late, so there is no overlap. I
just
> want Mythtv to (e.g.) record part 1 at 04:45-05:30, part 2 at 05:30-06:15,
and
> part 3 at 06:15-07:00.
>
> I'm using Mythtv 0.26 and a single DVB-S2 tuner card. Failing to record
> consecutive shows has now happened twice when no other activity was
> going on.

I posted the following two weeks ago, but didn't receive an answer.
	I have "Time to record past end of show" set to 10 minutes,
back-to-back recordings work.
	For some schedules I need to set an endoffset of about 20 minutes.
	Back-to-Back is not working anymore, resulting in many conflicts. Is
there an option in MythTV, where the endoffset is also handled as a soft
endtime ?

Check that "Time to record past end of show" is 0, to allow consecutive
shows to be recorded.

Angela