[mythtv-users] Compiling 0.25-fixes mythtranscode against 0.26 library's is it possible?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu Jul 4 13:33:26 UTC 2013

On 04/07/13 13:43, Anthony Giggins wrote:

> On 4 July 2013 22:11, Anthony Giggins <seven at seven.dorksville.net
> <mailto:seven at seven.dorksville.net>> wrote:
>

>     On 4 July 2013 21:27, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net
>     <mailto:J.Pilk at tesco.net>> wrote:
>
>         On 04/07/13 00:20, Michael Stucky wrote:
>

>                  OK, thanks for that.  I have a first shot at a
>             switchable script and
>                  my first .mkv file.  It plays in the frontend but I
>             can't step or
>                  use the editor on it.  I think I saw something recently
>             about that,
>                  but it's bedtime now.  I suppose MythArchive will choke
>             on it, too.
>
>                  Running:  mythffmpeg -i 1002_20130703195800.mkv 2>&1 |
>             grep -C 4 Video
>
>                  Input #0, matroska,webm, from '1002_20130703195800.mkv':
>                     Metadata:
>                       ENCODER         : Lavf54.6.101
>                     Duration: 00:59:11.60, start: 0.000000, bitrate:
>             3008 kb/s
>                       Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg2video (Main), yuv420p,
>             720x576 [SAR
>                  64:45 DAR 16:9], 8153 kb/s, 25 fps, 25 tbr, 1k tbn, 50
>             tbc (default)
>                       Stream #0:1: Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16,
>             256 kb/s (default)
>
>                  At least one output file must be specified
>
>                  John
>

>             I should have mentioned above, once the file is in an MKV
>             container it
>             is no longer in a format that MythTV considers a
>             "recording". In other
>             words, it is not editable or seekable as a recording. You
>             need to use
>             "mythexport" or some other script like that to move it to
>             your MythTV
>             Video library where you can play, fastforward, rewind, etc.
>             as you would
>             any imported video.
>
>             Mike
>

>         Thanks for that, too.
>
>         I've posted the new version,  mythDVBcut_20130704.sh, above the
>         old one here, and added a small covering note.  I hope it's useful.
>
>         http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/__MythDVBcut
>         <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythDVBcut>
>
>         The other part of the package, pycut_20130305.py, for use with
>         eg h264 recordings, is unchanged at the bottom of the page.
>

>         John
>

>     I've been Playing with this also I've added this section as provided
>     by Michael as I'd much rather only make the HD recordings into mkv
>     only instead of the non-HD recordings which work as mpeg2
>
>        VRES=`grep Video  temp$$.txt | head -n1 | cut -f 11,11 -d' '`
>         if [ "${VRES}" = "1440x1080" ] ; then
>            echo "HD recording Remuxing to mkv" >> log$$
>

>            filename=`mediainfo '--Inform=General;%FileName%' "$1"`
>
>            OUTFILE="$filename".mkv
>
>            CMD="ionice -c3 mythffmpeg -fflags +genpts -i $TEMPHEAD.m2v
>     -i $TEMPAUDIO -vcodec copy -acodec copy $OUTFILE "
>
>            # tell mythDB about new filename
>
>            echo "update recorded set basename='${OUTFILE}' where
>     chanid=$chanid and starttime='$starttime';" | mysql -N
> [...]

Yes, it makes sense to make the choice depend on resolution, and I had
wondered before about marking as transcoded - but I don't think the
mythcenter-wide theme makes that flag available.  There should probably
be a check to prevent the script working on an mkv file, too - although
input of the filename ought to give that automatically.

I've occasionally found that a programme recorded shortly after the
startup of a part-time channel can be edited but will then take the
pycut route.  A second pass with no cutlist will usually fix that.

Also, very rarely, ProjectX will find a backward jump in a timestamp and
lose the rest of the recording.  Once or twice I've taken steps to fit
things back together but it's very rare here and not often worth the effort.

I haven't tested all possibilities, obviously, but it worked on my SD
recordings.  Now I think I'll set it back to non-mkv working.

Cheers,

John