[mythtv-users] possible bug in wake-up logic...

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Wed Jul 3 14:03:42 UTC 2013

On 03/07/2013 14:57, Thomas Boehm wrote:
> Douglas Peale wrote:
>> I have a system that is configured to shut itself down if it has nothing to do, and wake up for the next recording.
>> I have a bunch of things scheduled to record, but, this being summer, none of them show up in the next two weeks of schedule
>> available from Schedules Direct.
>> My system is now shutting itself down without scheduling a wakeup time.
>> How is it supposed to update its schedule if it never wakes up?
>> Shouldn't it, in this case, schedule a wakeup every few days so it can run myth fill database?
>
> I think you're alone here if you don't record anything for that long. If
> you want to run mythfilldatabase every day, then just record something
> every day like the "News At Ten" or something similar.

You can set a daily wake-up period too, if the mythwelcome settings,
where it will just wake up without actually recording anything, during
which time it can run mythfilldatabase.

By the way, if you haven't done so already, you should probably set your
BIOS to wake the PC after a power cut, if you have that option, so that
it will wake and set a wakeup time later. If you don't do that, if it
was scheduled to wake during the power cut (but obviously couldn't) it
won't automatically wake again and so it won't record future scheduled
programs.

Cheers,

John

--