[mythtv-users] MythTV commercial removal

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Tue Jul 2 20:10:50 UTC 2013

On 2013-07-02, at 3:30 PM, Chris Porter wrote:

> You need to setup a user job for transcoding and removing commercials.  the user job would use mythtranscode.

That’s probably the smart way but there’s also an arcane feature where you can tell it to do lossless transcoding when fed an mpeg2 file.

In mythtv-setup:

- head to option 3 recording profiles
- down to transcoders
- Autodetect from MPEG2
- enable the “Lossless Transcoding” option

I have that active and queue a “Default transcode” after editing and the right thing happens which is handy although I’m tempted to say it’s like you’re messing with the taint of mythtv. Ugh.

Also I’m running out of slots for user jobs.

- George