[mythtv-users] Video Scanning Problem

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jan 29 02:06:34 UTC 2013

On 01/28/2013 08:50 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 1/28/2013 19:26, Michael Watson wrote:
>> On 29/01/2013 11:18 AM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>>> If a slave backend does not have any paths defined for the Videos
>>> storage group, it attempts to use those defined for the master backend.
>>
>> Is this intended or flawed logic?
>> I would have thought, that if you wanted the Video storage group for the
>> slave backend, you would create one for that backend.
>
> This is intended and standard behavior. The recording storage groups
> behave in the same manner.

If you don't want Videos Storage Groups on the remote backends, don't
have the directories defined in (any host's) Videos Storage Groups on
those remote backends.  I.e. either don't mount those directories using
NFS or mount them in some other location.

Alternatively, just always scan from a frontend on the host you want to
"own" the videos.  (I /think/ that will work to keep them owned by that
host, but I'm not positive.)

Mike