[mythtv-users] Chosing TV channel beforen opening live TV

mythtv.t.wuuza at xoxy.net mythtv.t.wuuza at xoxy.net
Mon Jan 28 20:57:40 UTC 2013

I would also love for a way to start live TV from the selected channel
in the program guide.  As far as I know this is not possible.  The two
alternatives I know of are:

1) Show EPG when entering live TV.  It will start at whatever channel it
had before but you can change it easily.  How convenient this is depends
on how quickly channels lock.  This method was unreliable when I used an
STB via Firewire.

2) Just start recording the program from the guide (R?) and go back to
the media library to start watching.  (Adding a way to play a recording
from the guide would be cool, too.)

John