[mythtv-users] Jerky video playing back recordings (0.24-fixes)

BIRD Neil Neil.Bird at uk.thalesgroup.com
Mon Jan 28 08:26:51 UTC 2013

  I'm suffering jerky video playing back recordings;  sound is OK.  The video seems to run in fraction of a second bursts.

  I have an old desktop PC which I retired to use as a rare front-end upstairs.  It has a fresh Fedora 16 install with MythTV 0.24-fixes (I can't upgrade my backend yet as it's still CentOS 5).

  When I originally set it up several months ago, it was fine, and while I haven't deliberately made any changes, I suspect the default for FC16/GNOME-3 is for package kit to be installing “security updates” automatically, so there were possibly packages inadvertently installed the last time I ran it up.

  Over the weekend I added the proprietary nVidia drivers and got the newer kernel which seemed to have appeared on the box working, but it's still suffering jerky playback.

  I've tried mucking about with playback profiles to no avail, and was wondering what might be a good idea to look at (e.g., debug areas on the front end?).  All made more confusing by the fact that it used to be fine.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature