[mythtv-users] help with mythmusic audio (Cannot open audio output device)

Joel Newcomb joelnewcomb at verizon.net
Sat Jan 26 23:23:55 UTC 2013

On 01/26/2013 03:16 PM, Nick F wrote:
> Thanks Joel,
>
> Just to be clear - that's the overall audio setting to default, rather
> than anything mythmusic specific?
>
> THanks
>

> On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Joel Newcomb <joelnewcomb at verizon.net
> <mailto:joelnewcomb at verizon.net>> wrote:
>
>     On 01/26/2013 02:20 PM, Nick F wrote:
>>     I can't get mythmusic to work correctly (0.26-fixes).  Audio (set
>>     up as HDA Nvidia, HDMI 0) works perfectly in live TV, recordings,
>>     and videos.  This is off a NVIDIA ION2 Zotac board.
>>
>>     When I try to play something in mythmusic nothing happens, and I
>>     get the following in the frontend log.
>>
>>     eno: No such file or directory (2)
>>     2013-01-26 16:01:55.944175 E  AudioOutput Error: AOOSS: Error
>>     opening audio device ():
>>             eno: No such file or directory (2)
>>     2013-01-26 16:01:55.944215 I  AO: Aborting reconfigure
>>     2013-01-26 16:01:55.944305 E  MusicPlayer: Cannot open audio
>>     output device:
>>     2013-01-26 16:01:55.944335 E  Error was: AOOSS: Error opening
>>     audio device ():
>>             eno: No such file or directory (2)
>>     2013-01-26 16:01:56.104847 I  Pulse: PulseAudio resume OK
>>
>>     Thanks for any help fixing.
>>     Nikos

>     Hi Nikos, I had updated to .26 for the Mythmusic streaming and was
>     very disappointed when I to could not get it to work. After
>     playing around awhile, discovered for my setup, just typing in
>     "default" in general music settings under audio device worked. I
>     am now streaming my favorite web radio stations.
>     Mythbuntu 12.04 X64
>     Joel
>
>     --
>     Joel Newcomb
>     joelnewcomb at verizon.net  <mailto:joelnewcomb at verizon.net>

It is a separate settings page for music, around where select music and
play streams if I remember. Probably different for each theme. I don't
have a front-end open to find it now. At the time my device was blank on
this page and all my recordings had audio fine over my sound cards
optical output to my receiver. I imagine it is all for flexibility, some
people may want video audio on HDMI and music audio separately from
sound card.
Joel

--
Joel Newcomb