[mythtv-users] Ceton card not being found

Frank Feuerbacher fbacher at brisbin.net
Fri Jan 25 16:41:03 UTC 2013

I have not been following this thread, and I apologize if this is useless.

Here is some information I got from Ceton:Hi Frank,

    The InfiniTV device is different from the network device found in
    ubuntu. Think of it as a network device out on an ethernet network.
    Your computer has an IP and the InfiniTV has an IP so they can talk
    to each other. If the InfiniTV has a static IP of 192.168.1.112 then
    you need to give your ctn0 interface an IP on the same subnet but a
    different IP, like 192.168.1.113 or something.

    This also assumes that your normal network interface on your
    computer is NOT on the 192.168.1.0/24 <http://192.168.1.0/24>
    subnet. This is why we use the 192.168.200.0/24
    <http://192.168.200.0/24> subnet as it is typically not used by home
    networks.

    Try the following:

    ifconfig ctn0 192.168.1.113
    ping 192.168.1.112

    If you did the reset network script then your infiniTV may be back
    on the 192.168.200.1 IP. Try this:

    ifconfig ctn0 192.168.200.2
    ping 192.168.200.1

    Also, according to ifconfig you are receiving packets so you might
    try running wireshark on the ctn0 interface and looking at the
    packets to see if you can see what IP the infiniTV is on currently.

So you need to worry about two IP addresses. Such as 192.168.200.1 &
192.168.200.2 (although they don't have to be consecutive).

Frank