[mythtv-users] Need advice re: expand/replacement storage

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Thu Jan 24 21:10:53 UTC 2013

On 01/24/2013 02:22 PM, Craig Huff wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 2:10 PM, Michael T. Dean
> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>>
> snip...
>>
>> There are no problems with any disk (or array) size on current MythTV versions.
>>
>> On old versions with 32-bit compiles, there were problems with some sizes due to an overflow issue (but not 2TB or less).
>>
>> That said, I /still/ recommend upgrading to 0.26--the currently supported version.
>

> All- Thanks for the feedback.  Always appreciated.
>
> Mike-
>
> Believe me, I intend to, it's just that life seems to get in the way. :-)

The one thing you need to check is that the starting sector on partition 1 is at
a multiple of 8 in case the new drive has 4K sectors. Modern partitioning tools
will use sector 2048 and be OK; however older versions will start at sector 63.
That will cause slowdowns for writing as the logical sectors are misaligned.

Larry