[mythtv-users] Need advice re: expand/replacement storage

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 20:01:27 UTC 2013

I am looking to expand my recording storage space.  I seem to recall some
past threads on the list talking about issues with drives whose capacity is
something greater than 1TB, but I don't remember what the threshold was nor
what the issue(s) might be.

FWIW, my mobo is an ASUS A8N-SLI which supports SATA-I/II, and I'm still
running Ubuntu 10.04/MythTV 0.23.

I'm also concerned with the possibility that I might have issues with
SATA-III (6Gb/s) drives working on this system.  Are they backward
compatible with SATA-II?

I am considering adding a 2TB WD disk to my system (WD2002FAEX).

What, if any, problems might I run into?

Craig.