[mythtv-users] HD-PVR burn to blu-ray without transcode?

Paul Check paul at thechecks.ca
Wed Jan 23 18:54:54 UTC 2013

Hi: I have an HD-PVR, working wonderfully in MythTV, Debian unstable.
Myth produces .mpg files and I'm using Premiere Elements to process
(including making menus, etc) and burn to blu-ray.  I'm wondering if Myth
is recording the material in a format that could go directly to blu-ray
without transcoding.  In the Myth set-up page I see options for audio type
(AAC or A3C), but not option for video format/container/whatever :).

In the software that comes with the HD-PVR there are three options, one
being TS format.

Thx for any pointers, Paul