[mythtv-users] Recommendation for SSD boot drive

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 20:48:08 UTC 2013

On 22 January 2013 14:20, Brian Long <briandlong at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 4:23 PM, Fred Watt <fredwattmythtv at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Appreciate John, I'll have a look at the M4's. Thank you.
>>

> +1.  I put 64GB M4's in my frontends and they are great.  Much better than
> a spinning 2.5" laptop drive (quiet until seek).  :)
>
> /Brian/
>

> I've had a number of ssd's at home and work.
OCZ Petrol 3, Crucial M4, HP (re-branded Micron), Kingston V+, OCZ
Revodrive Hybrid.

they all feel much of a muchness for boot times, and while i am comparing a
variety of systems - core2 laptops, i3, i5, i7 and AMD systems - they all
feel comparable which is mostly down to seek times. Outright speed is one
thing, but seek times seems to be the biggest factor over spindle drives.