[mythtv-users] Recommendation for a Cheap Frontend.

Ian Barton lists at wilkesley.net
Tue Jan 22 19:31:17 UTC 2013

I am on the lookout for a box to use as a frontend that is cheap and
small. I want something for the kitchen, so stuff like HD playback isn't
important.

I already have 2 Acer Revos. I would have bought another, but the basic
model seems to have disappeared and whereas I paid around 150GBP for
mine they now seem >200 GBP and over specced for what I want.

I had considered a Raspberry PI, but having read several reports of
trying to get Myth running on one, it doesn't seem quite up to the job.
I know it's heresy (stake, firewood and matches already ordered), but
the person watching the box in the kitchen will want to watch live TV.
So solutions that involve a box running something that just does
playback of stored video won't work here.

Ian.