[mythtv-users] restricting mythpreviewgen?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Jan 22 17:22:40 UTC 2013

On 1/22/2013 12:07, Alex Williamson wrote:
> Because I want different, isolated environments on a consolidated
> system.

Why not use chroot, or something like LXC?  Both offer isolated
environments, allowing you to manage multiple system images without risk
of interference from conflicting packages.

>Isn't that why people generally use virtualization?

No. They use virtualization because they need to run multiple separate
operating systems (like Linux and Windows), are doing development and
can't risk a kernel panic bringing down the whole thing, or can't risk
one hacked server compromising the whole system.