[mythtv-users] Channel Groups and custom recording rules

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 04:33:25 UTC 2013

A couple of months ago (or more), KTVT switched frequencies here.  It
made me mad, so I went and changed all of my rules to anytime/channel.

Well, I am trying to create a custom rule to allow me to only record
the shows on certain channels (in channel groups) and narrow it down
that way.  It seems the custom recordin rule only allows access to the
program and channel tables though:

Error preparing query: SELECT NULL FROM (program,channel)
program.chanid = (SELECT channelgroups.chanid where channelgroups.id =
'2') WHERE
program.title = 'Saturday Night Live'

So, before I go hacking around - is there a better way for me to do
this.  I do not want "first runs only", and I do not want to record
the VH1 versions of SNL either..

Ideally I will add it to the UI so I can select the channel group when
I create the recording, etc etc.

Other people doing this successfully in other ways?

Thanks

-Greg