[mythtv-users] Problem upgrading from 0.25fixes to 0.26

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Sat Jan 19 20:44:08 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-01-16 at 11:41 +0000, Peter Foulkes wrote:
> When frontend runs I get the message "This version of MythTV requires an
> updated database. (schema is 8 versions behind)"
> I guess this is to be expected.
>
> When I run mythbackend-setup it always gets stuck on "Waiting for database
> schema upgrade lock"
>
> Looking through the mythtb-setup.log I do come across an error, "Failed
> binding to UDP. Error 8. The bound address is already in use"
> Could this be the problem?
>
> Peter
Did you solve this ?
The current schema update logic requires backend(s) stopped & the only
master can perform update.

Some myth versions have a problem with mythtv-setup (not) stopping the
backend.
Could try stopping BE first (assuming upstart job) :
"sudo service mythtv-backend stop"
(would need to stop any other slaves as well)

The upgrade to 0.26 requires mysql timezone support.
And more changes around (r)syslog-ging.
The release notes are comprehensive.