[mythtv-users] Do I need to stop backend to edit profiles?

Kris Jensen kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 00:53:41 UTC 2013

I'm working on tweaking a few transcode profiles. To do this I've just been
stopping the backend then edit the profile in MythTV-setup and restart the
backend. With the thinking that mucking around with the transcode profiles
will throw a wrench in a backend that is up and working.

That’s all fine and dandy. However. Sometimes finding the time to stop a
working backend to edit profiles can lead to some sleepless nights.

Can I bypass stopping the backend too do this?

Thanks.