[mythtv-users] OT: HDHomeRun DLNA beta firmware is out

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Jan 18 22:05:05 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:
> Making the Myth back end's content as available as possible is
> more important to me than anything else...

But that's not what this thread is about.  Making the backend's
content available to a third party front end using a generic interface
like DLNA is very different than using DLNA with an HDHR directly.
Only the latter gives the "unpausable, unrewindable,
look-kids-this-is-how-we-watched-TV-in-the-1980s-before-DVRs TV"
experience.  If your blu-ray player can connect to the mythtv backend,
and the backend connects to the HDHR, then the backend can act as a
data buffer and provide a better user experience.

Eric