[mythtv-users] Recent DVD problems with video and audio drops

Neil Salstrom salstrom at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 16:11:09 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Richard <peper03 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> You could try applying the patch in ticket 11288
> (http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11288), which is only in master at the
> moment (I think).  It should apply cleanly to 0.26-fixes as well, though.  I
> wouldn't expect it fix stuttering playback unless you're maybe running into
> copy-protection problems but it should help in general to clean up
> initialisation of DVD playback.
>
> If that doesn't help, please post full traces from the frontend somewhere
> (e.g. pastebin).  Ideally with -v playback and --loglevel=debug.  Maybe it's
> possible to see what's happening.
>
> Richard.

Richard,

I've applied your patch to 0.26.  I can't say I saw much of a
difference but at least it didn't seem to break anything!

For the DVD playback problem I've run -v playback and
--loglevel=debug.  The resulting log can be found here:

http://pastebin.com/5BaxYqSz

A few items of note...  This was using a .iso made from the disk.  The
.iso was decrypted using DVD Fab under wine.  I never had a problem
playing it before but it's been a while since I've watched it so I
don't know at what point something went wrong.  Using makemkv to make
a .mkv of the main feature from the .iso used in this test produces
results in perfect playback of the .mkv.  This seems to happen only
when a DVD is watched.  If I get a chance I'll dig the DVD out of a
box and try playing that directly.

This problem is not found with all DVD's but the Inception is the most
recent one I've noticed it with.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Thanks,

Neil