[mythtv-users] Sanity check please, moving Ceton tuner to RTP

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Jan 18 14:01:14 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 11:20 PM, Kris Jensen <kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Opps had another thought.
>
> Are you saying the card does not need to be bridged and will do RTP with the
> internal vnet at 192.168.200.x?

That wasn't what I was trying to say, but that is correct. You only
need to do bridging if you want to access the device from a system
other than the one it is physically installed in. Myth can use RTP on
a locally installed tuner without bridging.

Also, since you have 2 ceton cards (correct), I was wondering if you
could answer a question for me. When you have 2 cards, do you still
only have one virtual network interface (ctn0) or does it create a
second one (ctn1)? And by default, what IP address does each card get?
Thanks.

--
Ron Frazier