[mythtv-users] Australia Foxtel Satellite configuration with MythTV

Phil Wild phil at holobyte.com.au
Fri Jan 18 05:22:24 UTC 2013

Hi mythtv users,

Can someone from Australia that is using mythtv with Foxtel comment please?

I currently have a mythtv setup with 2 x HD Homerun DVB-T dual tuners.
No Foxtel yet...

If you are using Foxtel with your mythtv setup, how have you
integrated foxtel into your mythtv environment? I assume you use an
analog to digital capture card and an IR transmitter to perform
channel changes? Is this correct?

Is this the best way? Is there a HD Homerun type device that can be
used for Foxtel?

Once configured, does everything work well? (WAF)?

Any recommendation on best hardware to hunt down?

Many thanks

Phil