[mythtv-users] Rebuilding a FE/BE system (the stupid way)

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Wed Jan 16 19:30:31 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Science Technician <
SCITECH at combebank.kent.sch.uk> wrote:

> [...]
Maybe you need to step back and define what exactly you find lacking in
MythDora vs MythBuntu, aside from being 'easier'. They are both Linux
underneath, and although they do have some differences in how they do
things, they are pretty similar. I don't know if it would be worth the time
(and risk) of doing a sort of in place 'upgrade', as opposed to learning
how to use MythDora to do what you are trying to do. Having said that, what
you are proposing isn't *terribly* difficult, but there is risk, and
depending on the criticality of the service you are providing, the reward
may not be worth it if something goes wrong.

Tom