[mythtv-users] Missing E-AC3 audio in DVB-T channel

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Jan 16 19:01:51 UTC 2013

On 16/01/13 18:20, Diego Rodriguez Gonzalez wrote:

> 2013/1/16 Diego Rodriguez Gonzalez <gran.diego at gmail.com
> <mailto:gran.diego at gmail.com>>
>

>     2013/1/16 Karl Dietz <dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
>     <mailto:dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org>>
>
>         On 16.01.2013 12:33, Diego Rodriguez Gonzalez wrote:
>
>             Anyone knows if's it a problem with my DVB-T tuner (hardware
>             not being
>             able to receive E-AC3 audio), Video4linux modules in kernel
>             (dib0700,
>             dvb-usb...) or mythtv's fault?
>

>         can you post the backend log with -v RECORD ?
>
>         The part from start up to and including "CreatePMTSingleProgram" and
>         "Opening filter for pid" might be a good start.
>
>         Regards,
>         Karl
>

>     While I figure out how to launch backend with  -v RECORD I'm sending
>     all the other stuff you asked for

<snip>

As you said, there don't appear to be any audio streams.

With my Fedora 16 system I just stop mythbackend with 'killall
mythbackend' and then in a terminal  type 'mythbackend -v RECORD' and
watch the terminal output.  Don't know if *buntu would like that.

'mythbackend -v help' might be worth a look, but I guess Karl has an
idea about what might be going wrong.

John