[mythtv-users] Help with HDPVR and ffmpeg (slightly off topic)

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Wed Jan 16 13:16:51 UTC 2013

Scott,
I used to use Avidemux to perform loss less edits of my MythTV HD-PVR
recordings. Those edited videos always had a consistent 340 millisecond
audio sync issue, which I fixed by running the video through the utility
"mkvmerge". That utility allows adjusting audio/video track synchronization.

     Now I use a MythTV integrated script call Lossless Cut:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Lossless_Cut

With this script I have never had audio sync issues as you describe. The
resulting loss less cut video filecan then be transcoded with ffmpeg or
handbrake(my favourite) to save disk space. All with audio sync intact.

I hope this suggestion help.

Doug