[mythtv-users] Wrong audio stream selected by default

Michael Stucky mike at stucky.us
Tue Jan 15 22:43:37 UTC 2013

I am having a problem with recordings and videos (recordings moved to the
Videos storage group) from two of my OTA channels. Both channels have two
audio streams in the recordings that I have trouble with, Audio #1 is 6
channels/Language=English and Audio #2 is 2 channels/Language=esl as
reported by "mediainfo". I have the recording profiles set to run
commercial flagging automatically and after manually verifying the cut
points I schedule a mpeg2 --> mpeg2 lossless transcode to remove the
commercials and other unwanted content. About half of the resulting
recordings play with the wrong audio stream by default, checking
"mediainfo" on these recordings show Audio #1 is 2 channel and Audio #2 is
6 channel and neither audio stream has a "Language" parameter. The
recordings that play correctly by default have the audio streams in the
same order as the untranscoded stream and they also have the "Language"
parameter removed.

On my Myth FEs I can change the audio stream through the menu which is just
a small annoyance but on other devices it is not so easy and sometimes the
recording is unplayable because their is no audio and no way to switch
streams. A little searching and some trial and error lead me to Project-x.
I can use projectx to remove the unwanted audio stream but the resulting
"ts" file will not play on my FEs, it plays fine on VLC and my SageTV media
server.

So, my question, is there a reason why mythtranscode removes the the
Language parameter from the audio streams and randomly switches the order
the audio streams? I would really like to be able to watch the recordings
on any of my players/devices without having to do additional processing
and/or keep multiple different copies of my recordings.

My config:
MythTV version 0.26-fixes (except mythtranscode = 0.25-fixes because
mythtranscode 0.26 can't do lossless transcode)
Project-x version 0.91.05
HomeRun HDHR3-US Dual (x2)

Command used to remove unwanted audio stream:
mythtv at mythtvbe:~$ projectx -tots -id 0xE0,0x80 <recording filename>

Mike