[mythtv-users] Architecture Idea - Raspberry Pi, VM, XBMC

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 01:21:17 UTC 2013

> My Pi is on backorder till February but I can say that I have been using a
> hacked version of Mythlink.pl + symlinks + Plex and it is almost awesome.
> I'd say in another six months I'll have all the bugs worked out and can
> present it as a viable alternative to a Myth FE for mobile and offsite
> devices.

Sounds interesting. I'm not quite sure why everybody wants to get rid
of mythfrontend as I think it's awesome! Having said that, I think
there is scope for a good frontend for tablets around the house and I
have had a look at using Plex for this. One problem that seems to be
almost universal outside of mythfrontend is seeking forwards/backwards
and the Plex solution is no different. When watching TV recordings
being able to skip 30 seconds or 5 minutes is really important and
nothing seems to do it as well as good ol' mythfrontend. Have you
managed to solve this problem with your Plex setup?