[mythtv-users] Flashing line at bottom of HD-PVR recordings

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Mon Jan 14 14:17:45 UTC 2013

> Since upgrading to 0.26 I see a flashing line at the bottom of my HD-PVR
> recordings. It only happens on 1080i channels, which leads me to suspect
> that it is related to the fact that there are really 1088 lines in the
> video.
>
> Anyone have the same experience? Any workarounds or solutions/patches? I
> didn't see anything current in trac.

I would first try to determine if it's a capture artifact or playback
artifact.... view the recording in some other windowed media player at full
size and see if the line is there.  If so, then focus on the HDPVR itself
and any adjustable capture settings, firmware, etc.  If not, then you have
a playback issue and need to look at playback profiles and whatnot.