[mythtv-users] All TV plays back as stereo and not surround over HDMI

Brendon Costa brendon.j.costa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 00:19:38 UTC 2013

I checked a few and they are all stereo.

Though something I was thinking about if recording a show with a 15min
pre-record and the show before it was only recorded in stereo, and then the
movie which starts later is 5.1 then what would media info report? I assume
only stereo.

Either way all files i tested were stereo.

The report is:

Audio
ID                                       : 653 (0x28D)
Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)
Format                                   : MPEG Audio
Format version                           : Version 1
Format profile                           : Layer 2
Codec ID                                 : 3
Duration                                 : 2h 20mn
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 384 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Delay relative to video                  : -425ms
Stream size                              : 386 MiB (7%)
Language                                 : English