[mythtv-users] Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.0.100'

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 22:40:15 UTC 2013

On 01/13/2013 04:00 PM, Frederik wrote:

Hi;

Remember that there are two places to consider. The config.xml file
so your programs can find the database and start.

And the backend configuration itself, where you probably have
192.168.0.100 as the Backend Server IP and Master Server IP -
and like the names say, they must be IP addresses.

As for config.xml:

On your backend, I'd expect to see (in part):

  <LocalHostName>my-unique-identifier-goes-here</LocalHostName> # you shouldn't need to change this
       <PingHost>0</PingHost> # the backend needn't ping itself
       <Host>localhost</Host> # don't use the 192... address here
       <Port>3306</Port>

And that's on *all* copies of the file ~/.mythtv/config.xml and
~mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml (or wherever your distribution puts
the files.)

On your remote frontend, change the <host>localhost</host> to the true
hostname of your db/backend, or you could use 192.168.0.100 if
you don't have a hostname defined for it somewhere. Also, change
the <PingHost>0</PingHost> to 1.

All of these changes can be done with the GUIs.

--
Bill