[mythtv-users] Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.0.100'

Frederik akaburtan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 22:00:43 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm running mythbackend 0.26 on my server with the IP 192.168.0.100. I'm
also running XBMC 12 RC3 as a frontend on the same server. This works fine
when using "localhost" in any configuration.

Now I want to be able to access mythbackend from the network.
Thus I first configured MySQL to allow access from the network.
This works fine on any machine in the network using the following command:

mysql -u mythtv -p -h 192.168.0.100 mythconverg

However, mythbackend always fails to connect to the database when not using
localhost:
Here is my config.xml which is loaded:

<Configuration>
  <LocalHostName>192.168.0.100</
LocalHostName>
  <Database>
    <PingHost>1</PingHost>
    <Host>192.168.0.100</Host>
    <UserName>mythtv</UserName>
    <Password>mythtv</Password>
    <DatabaseName>mythconverg</DatabaseName>
    <Port>6543</Port>
  </Database>
  <WakeOnLAN>
    <Enabled>0</Enabled>
    <SQLReconnectWaitTime>0</SQLReconnectWaitTime>
    <SQLConnectRetry>5</SQLConnectRetry>
    <Command>echo 'WOLsqlServerCommand not set'</Command>
  </WakeOnLAN>
  <UPnP>
    <UDN>
      <MediaRenderer>{5f8733f0-ec13-4ce6-82f0-be05bb11455</MediaRenderer>
    </UDN>
  </UPnP>
</Configuration>

When connecting to localhost with mythbackend, I cannot reach the service
with mythfrontend over the network, which imho is related to mysql.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Best regards,
Frederik