[mythtv-users] Incorrect characters in the EPG and program name

spst spst at freemail.hu
Sun Jan 13 18:58:18 UTC 2013

Hi,
I started to know MythTV a few months ago. I successfully installed on
opensuse 12.1 64 bit from packman repo. I have many questions because
Google has't helped me, yet but these aren't important.

I first installed the mythtv 0.24, but now I'm trying 0.26. I have a
problem what is same for each version what I tried. EPG and program name
encoding. I use a DVB-C card to watch cable tv on Hungary but character
encoding is wrong. Hungarian words with accented letters can't be read.

How can I fix it?

Thanks.
steve