[mythtv-users] Is there a way of programming recordings depending on which language(s) the audio is available in?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jan 13 18:33:59 UTC 2013

On 01/13/2013 10:58 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
> We've got e.g. "The Big Bang Theory" available in the original English
> (E4) as well as dubbed in German (Pro7).  No doubt it is also available
> in both English and German on the Swiss SFn channels, nor would I be
> very surprised to find Italian and Spanish versions somewhere.  Is the
> audio-stream language available anywhere such that I can use it as a
> criteria when selecting what to record?

If your listings provide any indication (and, TTBOMK, it would have to
be something in the description, since we don't really have any other
place for it), you could try to use that with a custom/power recording
rule.  If not, your best bet is probably a "this channel" rule for the
one that shows the right language version.  Unfortunately, I can't think
of anything more elegant.  :(

Mike