[mythtv-users] Automatic title groups broken after rename

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jan 12 08:00:31 UTC 2013

On 01/09/2013 06:42 AM, Martin Ginkel wrote:
> 2012/12/27 Michael T. Dean:
>> On 12/27/2012 03:44 PM, Martin Ginkel wrote:
>>> Can someone of the devs explain, how these automatic groups are generated.
>> Using the title (or whatever other option you've enabled, such as category).
> It should be the title, but apparently there is something else to
> select for the population of the right hand side.

It's really just the title.  If what you say is happening, then there's
something really wrong with your data--so much so, it's hitting a
completely untested/unknown issue that's causing MythTV to get really
confused.  If you'd like to send me (off list) a database backup, I can
take a look at your data and try to figure out what's breaking it and
then provide a fix.  Without it, I don't think I'd be able to even guess
why a title might not appear (other than if you've turned off the Titles
in MENU|Change Group View and what you're seeing in the group view is
actually something else, such as categories or recording groups?).

Mike