[mythtv-users] Recording multi-part shows

Andréas Kühne andreas at kuhne.se
Fri Jan 11 18:33:18 UTC 2013

2013/1/11 Martin Moores <moores.martin at gmail.com>

> On 11 Jan 2013 17:39, "Jan Ceuleers" <jan.ceuleers at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi there,
> >
> > On a few occasions I've had the problem whereby part 1 of an exciting
> > 2-part show is recorded, but part 2 isn't. Frustrating.
> >
> > Any ideas on how to avoid this situation (other than buying more tuners)?
> >
> > One particular mitigation I had in mind seems not to work: I just tried
> > using mythweb to increase the recording priority of a miscellaneous part
> > 2, and that was ignored. So the base recording priority was 0, I upped
> > it by 5 but it went back to 0 after I saved. Strange.
> >
> > Although perhaps this field is a property of the recording rule rather
> > than of the particular showing. And there is no mechanism for storing
> > per-showing overrides. So I'd have to use "record this particular
> > showing" I suppose.
> >
> > Thanks, Jan
>
> When to say two part, do you mean a show separated by the news for
> example?
>
> In the UK, films are sometimes shown in two parts, either side of the news
> for example, the film often has the same title, subtitle and description,
> so myth ignores the second part as a duplicate of the first. This is
> nothing to do with priorities or not having enough tuners, simply a data
> issue.
>
> An override on the second showing to get it to record would solve this.
>
> Sorry if I have mis understood your issue. A bit more info would help if
> so
>
> Cheers
>
> Martin

If the problem is as Martin says with the name and details are the same for
both viewings what I usually do is turn off the duplicate episode checking.
Also set the recording to record all episodes on that channel. If you set
both these things, both parts of the show / film will be recorded.

// Andréas