[mythtv-users] Unicable and SkyStar 2

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Fri Jan 11 16:08:59 UTC 2013

On 1/11/13 12:42 PM, F P wrote:
> Will MythTV and SkyStar2 2.6c work with a Unicable/SCR LNB installation?
>
> Thanks
> Francesco
>
> (Mythbuntu 10.04 64bit)

Hi,
SkyStar2 should work without issues. Unicable beauty is that Unicable
related things are simply additional Disecq commands so they are HW
"transparent".
On software side You have to look on mainly on mythtv, as I don't
believe card driver has build-in Disecq command bounds checking.
On mythtv area, Unicable isn't supported out-off box, but #9726 gives it
support & pretty stable operation.
In my case 0.26-fixes + #9726 works in production with very good results.
If You will have any questions - fell free to ask - i'll be more than
happy to help.
Good luck!