[mythtv-users] High mysql cpu usage

Juhani Rautiainen jrauti at iki.fi
Fri Jan 11 05:18:50 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 10:47 PM, Jarle Thorsen <jarlethorsen at gmail.com>wrote:

> To sum up the information in this thread so far:
>
> Several people report the same problem with high CPU usage for mysql (and
> unusable system) while the EIT rescheduling is runnnig.
>
> None of us have seen any real improvement by removing barriers from our
> filesystem and we all have capable hardware.
>
> Maybe it is just the fact that we have 100+ channels with EIT turned on
> that makes us affected by this "bug"? Maybe somebody with more mysql skills
> than me could have a look at the mysql-fu to see if the EIT rescheduling is
> as optimized as it can be?

Hi!

Has anyone with the problems tried to log slow queries? This should
pinpoint where the time is spent. Instructions:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/slow-query-log.html . From there
some EXPLAIN and SHOW PROFILE for those queries should give concrete
information instead of speculation. I haven't analyzed mysql queries but
from Oracle side I've got over lots of experience. Principles should be
similar.

> Jarle Thorsen

Juhani
Juhani Rautiainen                                   jrauti at iki.fi