[mythtv-users] MobileMyth Web Frontend Released!

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 21:33:03 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Jon Heizer <jheizer at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 8:16 PM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This looks awesome, but the install directions are geared towards a
>> debian install.  Are there instructions for Fedora?  I seem to be missing
>> some of the packages and can't figure out their fedora equivalents
>> (specifically: libapache2-mod-mono  mono-apache-server4).
>>
>> I also get hung up on these steps:
>>
>> sudo chown www-data:www-data /var/www/mobilemyth -R (I get: chown:
>> invalid user: `www-data:www-data')
>>
>> sudo mv mobilemyth-apache-config /etc/apache2/sites-available/mobilemyth
>> (I obviously don't have an apache2 directory, and seeing nothing equivalent
>> in /etc/httpd/)
>>
>> sudo a2ensite mobilemyth (I get: -bash: a2ensite: command not found)
>>
>> Obviously these are critical steps as when I go to
>> http://192.168.1.101:8080/mobilemyth/ I get a webpage that just shows me
>> the files contained in that directory.
>>
>> Really looking forward to trying it out and thanks for putting in the
>> time to develop it.
>>
>> Sorry I have been a debain person for far too long.  I can try to setup a
> VM and write up some directions at some point.  If you get it figured out
> and wold be willing to write it up I can add it to the site.
>
> Jon

I got this setup on my fedora machine.  Here are the steps I took.  I am
pretty sure this is all I needed to do to get it up and running on my
system; however, I am relying on the history command and may have forgotten
some other steps I took.

yum install unzip mono-extras.i686  mono-core.i686 mono-basic.i686
mono-basic-devel.i686  httpd mod_mono mono-web

wget -O latest.zip
https://github.com/jheizer/MobileMyth/blob/master/release/latest.zip?raw=true

unzip latest.zip -d /var/www/html/

wget
https://raw.github.com/jheizer/MobileMyth/master/release/mobilemyth-apache-config

Edit this file to make sure the paths are correct.  I had to edit the path
for where mobilemyth is on my system, the path given in the file from
github is /var/www/mobilemyth, whereas my system is
/var/www/html/mobilemyth.  You may need to edit some other lines here.  The
two specific lines I edited now read as follows:
Alias /mobilemyth "/var/www/html/mobilemyth"
MonoApplications mobilemyth "/mobilemyth:/var/www/html/mobilemyth"

mv mobilemyth-apache-config /etc/httpd/conf.d/mobilemyth.conf

chown apache:apache /var/www/html/mobilemyth/ -R

service httpd restart

Then browse to http://webserver/mobilemyth and set it up.  The rest, I was
able to get from the website.

It is working for me.  I still have some issues to work out and have to use
lowest bitrate given my system limitations.  This may prompt me to put in a
beefier processor in the computer.