[mythtv-users] 0.26 commercial flagging issue, or network issue?

Kenneth Emerson kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 17:39:10 UTC 2013

> Ken--
>
> I have the Ceton InfiniTV internal card.  It's strange because I don't
> believe that ffmpeg was upgraded when I upgraded from 0.25 to 0.26.  I know
> I did not use Yum to upgrade it, that's for certain, and I don't believe
> that ffmpeg is included as a part of MythTV, but rather is required by it.
>
> In 0.26 ffmpeg has been incorporated into MythTV as mythffmpeg.  This was
done so the devs wouldn't have to worry about who had which version on
their system when MythTV was compiled.  Your problem could still very well
be related to the ffmpeg issue.  Just consider yourself lucky that it is
only an occasional hiccup.  :-)

> I know that commercial flagging is indeed working now that it correctly
> flagged a different show on HGTV last night, so I'll see what happens to
> next week's Kitchen Cousins episode.  If no flagging, I'll assume it's the
> show and how it is transmitted and not anything with MythTV.

I think you are now seeing what I occasionally see.  The broadcaster
sometimes sends some garbage that ffmpeg cannot handle.  Be thankful you
have a remote that can skip three minutes with two pushes!

-- Ken E