John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu Jan 10 12:23:17 UTC 2013

On 10/01/13 11:34, doa379 at gmail.com wrote:
> I am using MythTV with fixes, 0.26.0-74. OpenSUSE x86_64 (3.7.1-2
> kernel) system.
> I am based in East-Flanders, Belgium. The OTA-DVB transmission is a
> single MUX at 482MHz with an 8MHz bandwidth. The transmission uses QAM-64.
> I receive all channels without any problem whatsoever in VLC or Kaffeine.
>
>> I don't know where you are or which build and settings you're using.  Is
>> anything in this (closed) ticket relevant?
>>
>> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10920#comment:5
>>

> Yes, if I select TV-only in the DVB Encoder setting in Recording
> Profiles in Mythbackend, I no longer get the "Error Jump to Programme
> File" in the FE. Although in this case the BE complains in verbose
> "..have 1 audio and 0 video streams but we want 0 audio and 1 video
> streams.." Needless to say selecting a radio channel causes the screen
> to go blank (as expected) but there is still no audio either. TV
> channels continue to play A+V normally under this setting.

Hmm.  I thought you were perhaps using DVB-S, of which I have no
experience.  Lawrence Rust, who did most of the work on the other ticket
that I mentioned - and used DVB-S - used to keep an accessible file of
his unadopted patches and might have something useful there.

Can you play your radio recordings through vlc or kaffeine?  I can.  I'm
still not sure if your problem is in recording or playback - or if
there's a hidden stream.  mythffmpeg -i <filename> or mediainfo might help.